Pages

Rabu, 02 Juni 2021

Live breaking news: Donald Trump removes his blog after 29 days of publishing - NEWS.com.au

Victoria has announced three new Covid-19 cases on Thursday, bringing the state’s cluster to 63.

The state is continuing with its record number of tests. More than 57,000 test results were received in a 24 hour period. More than 23, 000 Covid-19 vaccine doses were also administered in the same period.

Continue checking back throughout the day for all of our news updates.

Live Updates

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – JUNE 02: Victorian Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton speaks to the media during a press conference on June 02, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia.
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – JUNE 02: Victorian Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton speaks to the media during a press conference on June 02, 2021 in Melbourne, Australia.

Victoria has announced three new Covid-19 cases on Thursday, bringing the state’s cluster to 63.

The state is continuing to conduct a record number of tests, with more than 57,000 test results received in a 24 hour period. More than 23, 000 Covid-19 vaccine doses were also administered in the same period.

Despite the drop in cases, halving yesterday's tally of six, Melbourne is preparing for another week in lockdown. Acting Premier James Merlino yesterday announced the extension, with restrictions likely to still be in place up until the Queen's Birthday long weekend.

Since Victoria's fourth lockdown was introduced last week, one in 5940 people tested for Covid-19 have returned positive results.

Since Wednesday, May 26, 411,003 tests have been conducted across the state, for a total active case tally of 69.

An incredible disparity between the 1) Number of people electing to get tested 2) The number of exposure sites (over 370), and 3) Positive cases detected, points to good news for the state moving to lift lockdown. It remains to be seen if the state's leaders will move to cut the restrictions in Melbourne short.

Victoria has now spent over 140 days in hard lockdown since the beginning of the pandemic.

Reported yesterday: 3 new local cases and no new cases acquired overseas.
– 23,921 vaccine doses were administered
– 57,519 test results were received

More later: https://t.co/lIUrl0ZEco #COVID19Vic #COVID19VicData pic.twitter.com/9cCbYkZ8gZ

— VicGovDH (@VicGovDH) June 2, 2021
https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – JUNE 02: Victorian Deputy Premier James Merlino speaks to the media.
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – JUNE 02: Victorian Deputy Premier James Merlino speaks to the media.

Regional Victoria is set to have its lockdown restrictions eased from 11:59 tonight. Acting Premier James Merlino addressed the media once again on Thursday, thanking the record number of Victorians who got tested and vaccinated on Wednesday.

57,000 tests were taken and over 23,000 vaccinations were administered.

"The Chief Health Officer has confirmed that the easing of regional restrictions will occur as planned tonight," he said. "That is great news
for regional Victoria.

"That means lifting the stay-at-home and travel restrictions. All year levels and students will return to face-to-face schooling. Public gatherings, catching up at a part or a beach, will be increased to 10 people."

Mr Merlino said the advice from public health official left the government with "no choice" but to extend the Melbourne lockdown period by another week.

Professor Allen Cheng confirmed all new cases recorded on Thursday were primary close contacts of previous cases, but urged the public to remain cautious of the danger of the Indian Covid-19 variant present in the state.

"It is not really controversial to say that these variants have been shown to be more infectious," he said.

NSW Health is continuing to investigate the movements of cases detected in southern New South Wales, announcing it will be updating its exposure sites list shortly.

To date, NSW Health has contacted 517 people who attended exposure sites in NSW. None have tested positive to date.

NSW recorded no new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.
Two new overseas-acquired cases were recorded in the same period, bringing the total number of cases in NSW since the beginning of the pandemic to 5,401. pic.twitter.com/u2NfKLiyDh

— NSW Health (@NSWHealth) June 3, 2021
https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js
NEW YORK, NY – MAY 24: Former U.S. president Donald Trump is seen on May 24, 2021 in New York City.  (Photo by Jose Perez/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images)
NEW YORK, NY – MAY 24: Former U.S. president Donald Trump is seen on May 24, 2021 in New York City. (Photo by Jose Perez/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images)

Donald Trump has spent the last month typing up a storm for his purported millions of followers, building support for an attempted return to power. But fans of the Former US President's website were met with a blank page this morning.

The polarising politician has now removed his personal blog from the internet after continuing to protest the recent US Presidential election results. Recently, the 74-year-old, who has not ruled out running again in 2024, claimed an entire database of election files had been deleted in Maricopa County.

“The deletion of an entire Database and critical Election files of Maricopa County is unprecedented. Many other states to follow," he wrote on his website, From The Desk of Donald Trump.

“The Mainstream Media and Radical Left Democrats want to stay as far away as possible from the Presidential Election Fraud, which should be one of the biggest stories of our time.”

Jason Miller, Trump’s senior aide, said that the blog “will not be returning” and was merely one of many means to broaden the “efforts they are working on". Mr Miller reassured Trump fans the outspoken billionaire would return, but on another undisclosed platform. After being blacklisted on all major social media websites following the chaotic end to his Presidency, Mr Trump has struggled to reach supporters.

The Washington Post reported the site received just 1,500 shares or comments on Facebook and Twitter on its last day — a "staggering drop" for someone whose tweets used to bring in hundreds of thousands of reactions.

Mr Trump claimed a monthly audience of 36 million after questions arose on the reach of his new blog. However, it appears to be another discarded project destined for the internet graveyard. It lasted 29 days.

There is chaos at the French Open after two stars tested positive for Covid-19.

The tournament released a statement Thursday morning announcing two players from the same doubles team have been isolated and removed from the tournament as a result.

The identities of the players has not been released, however, reports have emerged that top seeds in the doubles draw Nikola Mektic and Mate Pavic have both been removed from the tournament and have been replaced in the draw.

Doubles pair Feliciano Lopez and Jaume Munar have also disappeared from the draw and replaced by an alternative team that is yet to be announced.

The Roland Garros statement confirmed the first positive test comes after 2446 tests were carried out on the players and their support teams before this bombshell result.

“The Roland Garros tournament organisers confirm that two players from the men’s doubles draw, on the same team, have tested positive for Covid-19,” the tournament statement read.

Florida has banned transgender females from playing on public school teams intended for student athletes born as girls, pushing the state to the forefront of the national culture war over transgender rights.

“In Florida, girls are going to play girls sports and boys are going to play boys sports,” Gov. Ron DeSantis said as he signed the bill into law at a private Christian academy in Jacksonville that would not be subject to the law. “We’re going to make sure that that’s the reality.”

The new law, which is expected to be challenged by LGBTQ activists as unconstitutional, is the latest contentious chapter in the discussion over Republican-controlled states moving to limit the rights of LGBTQ people. Advocates have been vocal against the legislation being signed on the first day of Gay Pride Month.

“This is yet another hate-driven attack from the governor and Republican legislators, and it’s insulting that they’ve staged this morning’s photo-op on the first day of Pride Month,” state Senator Shevrin Jones said. “At the end of the day, transgender kids are just kids.”

Israel's opposition parties have this morning agreed to form a new coalition government, marking the likely end of Benjamin Netanyahu's 12-year stint as prime minister.

Leader of the centrist Yesh Atid party Yair Lapid announced a complex eight-faction coalition after being tasked with forming a government by President Reuven Rivlin. Mr Netanyahu failed to put together his own coalition following Israel’s fourth inconclusive election in a period of less than two years.

"This government will work for all the citizens of Israel, those that voted for it and those that didn’t. It will do everything to unite Israeli society,” Mr Lapid said in an overnight statement after winning support of tech multi-millionaire Naftali Bennett, who is a religious-nationalist with ties to the nation's defence ministry.

Under the new agreement, Bennett and Lapid will rotate the role of prime minister. Bennett is being primed to serve the first two years and Lapid the final two.

The new agreement still needs to be approved through a majority vote in Israel’s parliament before the new Prime Minister can be sworn in.

The vote is expected to be held within the next 12 days.

NSW has added more venues of concern associated with confirmed cases of Covid who were in NSW between May 19-24 while potentially infectious.

NSW Health said the original time frame has now been expanded after three household contacts of the original case tested positive.

The department has issued an advisory for:

– Goulburn’s Shell Coles Express Big Merino on May 19 from 1:45-2:05pm

– The Coffee Pedaler in Gundagai on May 19 between 9:30am-11:15am

– Jervis Bay’s Green Patch campground from May 19 at 4pm-9am on May 24

– 5 Little Pigs in Huskisson on May 21 between 8am-11:30am

– Huskisson Treasure Chest on May 21 from 11:30am-12pm

– Coles Vincentia Shopping Village May21 between 12pm-1pm and May 22 from 12pm-1pm

– Gundagai Craft Centre on May 19 from 11am-12pm

– Junque and Disorderly Antique Shop in Gundagai on May 19 from 11am-12pm

YouTube star Logan Paul will earn a reported $A26m for his exhibition fight against Floyd Mayweather next month, but it’s a drop in the ocean compared to the boxing legend.

The YouTube sensation will receive less than a fifth of Mayweather’s reported purse, which is said to be a lucrative $A132m (£72m).

Speaking to TMZ, Paul revealed the fight – which will take place in Miami on June 6 – could generate around $US100 million.

During the “‘Inside Mayweather vs. Paul” hype show, Mayweather said “my nickname is Money for a reason.

“I worked extremely hard for years and years to get to a certain level. A level where we can start calling everything an event.

“I believe in working smarter, not harder. So if it’s something easy like (the Paul fight), a legalized bank robbery, I gotta do it. I have to do it.”

with The Sun

Situation Update: Latest videos of the "X-PRESS PEARL" vessel. Footage was captured by the SLAF Bell 212 a short while ago (02 June 2021).#MVXPressPearl pic.twitter.com/4GznxCTuXy

— Sri Lanka Air Force (@airforcelk) June 2, 2021
https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

A cargo ship sitting off the coast of Sri Lanka is sinking, with officials wary its contents could spill into the sea and cause an environmental disaster.

The Singapore-registered X-Press Pearl, which is carrying hundreds of tonnes of oil, has reportedly been on fire for weeks. The Sri Lankan navy is now attempting to tow the doomed vessel further out to sea to reduce the impact of its inevitable demise.

"Salvors are trying to tow the ship to deep sea before it sinks to minimise the marine pollution, but the rear area of the ship has drifted," Sri Lanka Navy spokesman Captain Indika Silva said via the BBC.

Environmentalist Dr Ajantha Perera sounded warning bells with the ship's toxic cargo poised to wreak havoc on its surroundings.

"This is the worst environmental scenario," she said. "With all the dangerous goods, the nitric acid and all these other things, and the oil in the ship, if it's sinking it will basically destroy the whole bottom of the sea."

Adblock test (Why?)


https://news.google.com/__i/rss/rd/articles/CBMirAFodHRwczovL3d3dy5uZXdzLmNvbS5hdS9uYXRpb25hbC9ydXNoLWhvdXIvbGl2ZS1icmVha2luZy1uZXdzLW1lbGJvdXJuZS1sb2NrZG93bi1jb3ZpZDE5LWNhc2VzLXJlc3RyaWN0aW9ucy1yZWdpb25hbC12aWN0b3JpYS9saXZlLWNvdmVyYWdlL2EwZGFlNjY0Zjg2YWU5M2U0N2E0YWQ4ZGY1OTJlMzM10gEA?oc=5

2021-06-02 20:03:07Z
52781640579388

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar