Pages

Sabtu, 27 Februari 2021

COVID Victoria updates: Auckland flights to Melbourne cancelled amid snap lockdown - Herald Sun

New Zealand’s new COVID scare has prompted flight cancellations and a testing alert for Auckland arrivals in Melbourne.

Flights from Auckland to Melbourne were being cancelled on Saturday night after a snap lockdown was called for Auckland after a person with coronavirus roamed free for a week.

Meanwhile, Victoria has recorded zero new cases for the second consecutive day.

Victorian health authorities were calling on anyone who has arrived from Auckland since Tuesday 23 to get a test and immediately quarantine.

The biggest city in New Zealand will shut down for seven days after the community COVID-19 case was detected late on Saturday afternoon.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced a hard ­border around the city would be enforced by police from 6am.

A stay-at-home order was ­issued and students would ­return to remote learning.

Meanwhile, the rest of New Zealand would move to Level Two restrictions as a precaution.

Ms Ardern’s decision to go into lockdown came after it was revealed a man, who was supposed to be isolating had been out in the community.

The 21-year-old lives with a student who attends the school linked to the previous outbreak on February 14.

The man went to work and attended several other locations, while he was infectious.

Public venues will be closed for seven days and gatherings outside of bubbles are not ­allowed. All sports games were also cancelled as Auckland residents were told to work from home and keep children away from school.

Given the concerning circumstances of the latest case there are now fears the travel bubble between NZ and Australia could be impacted.

Last night, the Australian federal government and health authorities were monitoring the situation closely and were expected to provide an update on Sunday morning.

Meanwhile, residents and visitors to 11 Melbourne suburbs have been told to be on high alert, with sewage tests detecting viral fragments the day after more restrictions were lifted.

The suburbs in the wastewater catchment area are Taylors Hill, Plumpton, Hillside, Sydenham, Delahey, Caroline Springs, Burnside Heights, Kings Park, Albanvale, Burnside and Deer Park.

ANTI-VAXXERS WATCH LIST OVER JAB ROLLOUT FEARS

Police are drawing up a hit list of anti-vaccination protesters amid fears that vaccination hubs and storage facilities could be targeted.

Senior figures in government and law enforcement hold serious concerns that militant protesters could disrupt the rollout of the vaccine.

With protesters again out in force on Saturday, the Sunday Herald Sun can reveal that a specialist team of detectives has been set up by the Australian Federal Police to crack down on anti-vaxxers.

It comes as anti-vaxxers protested outside the office of federal health minister Greg Hunt on Saturday.

Read the full story here.

JAB AN EXTRA LAYER OF PROTECTION

After a year working on the frontline, a “simple, easy” procedure has made all the difference to Jaiden Hulyer.

The Alfred ICU nurse was among the first Victorians to receive the Pfizer vaccine this week and described Australia’s rollout as a “big leap forward”.

Speaking to the Sunday Herald Sunafter a busy night shift, the 28-year old nurse said she feels like she has “an extra layer of protection” when she walks onto her ward.

“(The vaccine) is such a big difference to all of our lives moving forward and getting back to that sense of normality,” she said.

“I always felt safe at work but … this gives us an extra layer of protection not only at work but out in the community. It’s protecting ourselves, our patients, our families.”

The vaccines have been one of the most heavily anticipated — and closely watched — medical developments in recent memory, but the actual procedure was pretty unremarkable.

Ms Hulyer said she had ­“absolutely no side effects” and continued her normal ­routine for the day, working her shift and even heading to the gym.

It was a very simple process,” she said.

“It was very pain free, you hardly even felt it.”

While a small minority have tried to circulate debunked myths about the vaccine, it was an easy decision for Ms Hulyer — who has looked after COVID-19 patients — to get the immunisation.

She said 2020 had shown the importance of everyone “doing their bit” and urged Aussies to roll up their sleeves when the time came.

“With a healthcare background I have a lot of trust in the professionals,” she said.

“I’m very impressed with the scientists who have been working tirelessly and it’s been deemed as safe, so why wouldn’t you?

“It’s a personal choice … (but) I would encourage everyone to get it.”

Let's block ads! (Why?)


https://news.google.com/__i/rss/rd/articles/CBMioAFodHRwczovL3d3dy5oZXJhbGRzdW4uY29tLmF1L2Nvcm9uYXZpcnVzL3JvbGxpbmctY292ZXJhZ2UtYXVja2xhbmQtZmxpZ2h0cy10by1tZWxib3VybmUtY2FuY2VsbGVkLWFtaWQtc25hcC1sb2NrZG93bi9uZXdzLXN0b3J5Lzc0M2Y2MDA2ZmE0MDE3ZmFkYWNhNzczMzdhNjY1NDg00gEA?oc=5

2021-02-27 22:34:11Z
52781407409168

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar