Pages

Minggu, 04 Oktober 2020

Twitter says it will suspend users who ‘wish death’ after Trump’s COVID-19 diagnosis - NEWS.com.au

Twitter says it will suspend users who tweet that they hope for President Trump’s death following his positive coronavirus diagnosis.

The social media platform told Vice’s Motherboard it could dole out the suspensions under an “abusive behaviour” rule that’s been in place since April.

“Content that wishes, hopes or expresses a desire for death, serious bodily harm or fatal disease against an individual is against our rules,” Twitter said in a statement to the outlet.

The anti-abuse policy explicitly bans tweets “hoping that someone dies as a result of a serious disease e.g., “I hope you get cancer and die.”

RELATED: Donald trump, Melania test positive for coronavirus

It’s not clear how often the rule will be enforced, as many have taken to Twitter to send ill wishes to the president since his and first lady Melania’s positive tests were announced early Friday morning.

Twitter told Motherboard it “won’t take enforcement action on every tweet.”

“We’re prioritising the removal of content when it has a clear call to action that could potentially cause real-world harm,” Twitter added.

RELATED: Follow our live coronavirus coverage

Twitter began enforcing rules to combat abuse on its platform back in 2017. In a tweet posted today, the platform argued that these policies are in place to protect all users, not just President Trump.

This came as a shock to many users, who described the policy as hypocritical and pointed out that some regularly receive death threats with little response from Twitter.

As the Twitter wars rage on, Trump, 74, was checked into the Walter Reed military hospital in Bethesda, Maryland, Friday evening after he was administered experimental “polyclonal antibodies.”

He had been experiencing fatigue, according to his doctor, who has not confirmed reports that he was also suffering from a fever.

“I want to thank everybody for the tremendous support,” Trump said in a video message before he flew by helicopter to the hospital.

“I’m going to Walter Reed hospital,” he added. “I think I’m doing very well, but we’re going to make sure that things work out.”

This article originally appeared on the NY Post and was reproduced here with permission

Let's block ads! (Why?)


https://news.google.com/__i/rss/rd/articles/CBMiqAFodHRwczovL3d3dy5uZXdzLmNvbS5hdS93b3JsZC9ub3J0aC1hbWVyaWNhL3R3aXR0ZXItc2F5cy1pdC13aWxsLXN1c3BlbmQtdXNlcnMtd2hvLXdpc2gtZGVhdGgtYWZ0ZXItdHJ1bXBzLWNvdmlkMTktZGlhZ25vc2lzL25ld3Mtc3RvcnkvZDNiYTdjYjhhZmQ1Mjk4MzNlNDllMmVlYzgxMGUzYjLSAagBaHR0cHM6Ly9hbXAubmV3cy5jb20uYXUvd29ybGQvbm9ydGgtYW1lcmljYS90d2l0dGVyLXNheXMtaXQtd2lsbC1zdXNwZW5kLXVzZXJzLXdoby13aXNoLWRlYXRoLWFmdGVyLXRydW1wcy1jb3ZpZDE5LWRpYWdub3Npcy9uZXdzLXN0b3J5L2QzYmE3Y2I4YWZkNTI5ODMzZTQ5ZTJlZWM4MTBlM2Iy?oc=5

2020-10-04 08:48:55Z
52781101183586

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar